Simple, yet flavorful quinoa salad with edamame, spinach, fresh herbs, and feta cheese, tossed in a zesty lemon ginger dressing.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa*, cooled
- 8 oz. cooked edamame
- 4 cups baby spinach, lightly packed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until blended. Cover the salad and chill for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
*1 cup uncooked quinoa approx yields 3 cups cooked quinoa, however, I recommend you measure out your cooked quinoa for accuracy. To cool the quinoa quickly – transfer to a bowl and place in freezer and toss occasionally until cooled. Do not use hot quinoa or it will soak up a lot of the dressing and the salad will be dry.
Keywords: side, meal prep, meatless