This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy Italian Wedding Soup with simple pantry ingredients that comes together in about 30 minutes!
Soup season is upon us and there’s nothing better than a hearty soup that you can whip up on a weeknight in about 30 minutes! This easy Italian Wedding Soup is mostly all pantry staple ingredients and delicious meatballs. The meatballs make this soup so quick and easy to prepare. Normally Italian Wedding Soup is made with meatballs from scratch but this soup is made with fresh, fully cooked meatballs from my friends at Cooked Perfect®. These Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are all natural, minimally processed, and heat in about 5-7 minutes on the stovetop. I used the Italian Style Chicken Meatballs for this recipe. They’re soft, tasty, and go so well in this soup. Basically all the work is already done for you!
The soup base is your basic mirepoix, made up of onions, celery, and carrots. You can chop them up yourself or even better pick up diced veggies at the store to save time. Then you add the chicken stock and you definitely want to spend a little more on good quality stock as it will make a whole lot of difference in the taste of the soup. Once the stock comes to a boil, add pasta and then the meatballs. You only need a total of 10-12 minutes all together for both to fully cook. I like using ditalini pasta but any other small shaped pasta will do here. In the last minute or so of cooking, stir in the fresh spinach and then finish off with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve it up with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, crusty bread, and a huge house salad and you have a delicious dinner on the table in no time!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2½ cups mirepoix (onion, celery, carrots)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock (good quality/tasting stock or homemade)
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cups dry ditalini pasta
- 1 (12 oz.) package Cooked Perfect Italian Style Chicken Meatballs with Parmesan & Mozzarella
- 6-7 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cups fresh chopped parsley, plus extra for serving
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and when hot, add mirepoix and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and water, and bring to a boil. Add pasta and let the mixture come back to a boil, reduce heat if needed, and let pasta cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Add meatballs and season soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook the soup for additional 5-7 minutes longer or until the pasta is al dente and meatballs are heated through.
- Last minute of cooking, stir in spinach. Turn off heat and stir in fresh parsley.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and more parsley.