Gluten Free Cheese Bread
Light and airy gluten-free cheese bread with a chewy texture and the perfect hint of cheese. This Brazilian cheese bread recipe is insanely addictive and quick to make!
Gluten Free Cheese Bread
If you ever been to a Brazilian steakhouse then most likely you’ve tried the insanely addictive cheese bread. Small bite-size balls of bread made in a mini muffin pan with a slightly crispy outside and chewy inside.
Not to mention loads of cheesy flavor. This gluten-free cheese bread is made with tapioca flour, egg, olive oil, milk, and cheddar cheese. Naturally, gluten-free, grain-free, and the dough is made entirely in a blender!
Texture and Taste
Here’s what to expect for texture and taste: crunchy crust, a light, fluffy center, and loads of cheesy flavor. Don’t be alarmed if the cheese bread looks underbaked — the center is supposed to be chewy.
Ingredients for Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe
The base of this recipe is from the back of Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour package. It requires only a few basic ingredients.
- Large egg
- Olive oil
- Milk – whole milk
- Tapioca flour
- Cheddar cheese – preferably freshly shredded
What is Tapioca Flour?
Bob’s Red Mill says – tapioca flour is made from the crushed pulp of the cassava root. It’s a very fine, white powder that works well in gluten-free baking. It can replace cornstarch as a thickener for pies and sauces.
Is Tapioca Starch the Same as Tapioca Flour?
Tapioca flour is the same thing as tapioca starch, and the two can be used interchangeably. However, there is also something called modified tapioca starch which is completely different. Always check the ingredients in the back of the package to ensure you are getting the right thing.
Tapioca Flour Substitute
Tapioca flour provides a crispy crust and chewy texture, which is very unique to this Brazilian cheese bread. Therefore, I would not recommend a substitute.
How to Make Gluten Free Cheese Bread
With three easy steps of blend, pour, and bake, this Brazilian cheese bread recipe comes together in a cinch!
- Combine all of the ingredients a high-speed blender and pulse until very well combined. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the batter into a greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for 18-20 minutes.
Serve this Brazilian Cheese Bread With:
Love cheese bread? Try our Cheese Popovers. They are incredibly cheesy, airy, and so addictive.Print
Light and airy gluten free cheese bread with chewy texture and the perfect hint of cheese. This Brazilian cheese bread recipe is insanely addicting and quick to make!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a blender, pulse all of the ingredients together until combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling all the way to the top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for few minutes before removing from the pan. These are best enjoyed immediately.
- I love to add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the batter. It adds subtle yet delicious garlicky taste.
- Use low-medium speed settings when blending the batter. It’s very easy to overmix the batter on high speed.
- Recipe adapted from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Serving Size: 3 rolls
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 208.9 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 30.7 mg
Keywords: easy, authentic, Brazilian, quick, healthy