This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Easy BBQ chicken sliders made with rotisserie chicken, simple homemade barbecue sauce, and refreshing coleslaw. It’s an ultimate crowd pleasing summer meal that can be whipped up in no time!
If you’re looking for an easy BBQ chicken slider recipe then you come to the right place! These chicken sliders are the ultimate easy summer food. Made with shredded rotisserie chicken, super simple homemade bbq sauce, and then topped with refreshing slaw. I promise you there is not an easier meal for your next summer BBQ. I’m using rotisserie chicken, Hawaiian sweet rolls, and Gold Peak® Tea for serving. All of these items I picked up at my local Sam’s Club.
It all starts with making the BBQ sauce. It’s a really basic homemade version made with mostly pantry staple ingredients that is slightly smoky, spicy, and sweet. You want to combine all of your sauce ingredients in a large sauté pan and just heat through. Then add the shredded rotisserie chicken and toss until well coated.
Then you want to make your coleslaw. It’s a quick slaw made with store bought shredded mix of green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots. Tossed with fresh cilantro, red onions, and olive oil/vinegar dressing. I love it because it’s refreshing and compliments the BBQ chicken really well. Plus you don’t need a bunch of ingredients to make it!
To assemble these sliders, you will need Hawaiian sweet rolls. They are basically a very similar size as your typical slider and in my opinion, you can’t go wrong with these. I’m personally a sucker for small portions and these rolls are definitely portion control. You want to top the rolls with BBQ chicken and then the coleslaw. I was able to get exactly 32 sliders. They are everything you expect from a BBQ chicken slider, except they don’t take forever to make. That’s what I love about using simple hacks on store bought food for easy summer entertaining.
You can serve the sliders in any way you like but my favorite is to have plenty of simple summer sides, such as a fresh veggie platter, corn on the cob, watermelon, and a big fresh salad. Also, don’t forget a refreshing Gold Peak® Iced Tea!
Check out Sam’s Club for “100 Ways to Summer” and weekly summer sweepstakes for a chance to win weekly prizes!
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Member's Mark Rotisserie Chicken, room temperature/warm, meat pulled and shredded (about 5-6 cups)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 14 oz. bag tri-color deli slaw mix
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Twin Pack (32 rolls) Member's Mark Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Gold Peak® Tea
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, combine the ketchup, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste. Cook just until heated through and well blended. Stir in the shredded chicken and using tongs, toss until the chicken is well coated in the barbecue sauce. Set aside and keep warm while you prepare the coleslaw.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, red onion, and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste. Pour the mixture over the coleslaw and using your hands, toss together until the slaw is well combined with the oil/vinegar mixture.
- Top each roll with BBQ chicken and the slaw. Serve immediately with your favorite sides and cold Gold Peak® Tea!
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.