“No shoes, no shirt, no problems” is a good way to sum up my week. Thank you Mr. Kenny Chesney for a great song!
I’ve been enjoying a little mini vacay in the sunny FL with my love and friends this week. Sun, tanning oil, and a drink in my hand are my only necessities. I think I like it. A LOT!
The place we’re staying at has an amazing, full stocked kitchen (yeay for me!). So I haven’t completely gave up my cooking duties this week and personally love the idea of making my own meals (if I want) when I travel. I tend to eat healthier that way. Always a plus!
So, with that said I love hummus, especially with fresh veggies. It’s a healthier alternative to other dips.
Mediterranean Layered Dip is a simple, quick twist on a traditional hummus. Store bought roasted pine nut hummus, layered with smooth, rich Greek yogurt, chopped cucumbers and tomatoes. Topped off with slices of olives and crumbled feta.
Simple, effortless, delicious!
- 10 oz. roasted pine nut hummus
- 1 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 med. tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and oregano.
- In a shallow dish, layer hummus, Greek yogurt, chopped cucumber, and tomato. Top off with sliced olives and crumbled feta.
- Serve with your favorite pita chips.