Happy Monday friends!
We are down to couple more days until Christmas and if you’re still planning your Christmas menu then I got something quick, delicious, and super easy for you today. Or in my case if you still need to finish your Christmas shopping, these also double up as budget-friendly gifts for friends and family.
Spicy Maple Walnuts are one of the best things to snack on and only take 15 minutes of prep time. They are a perfect combination of sweet and salty with a hint of cinnamon.
I love serving these with my cheese plates, cocktails, or simply munching on them cuddled up on the couch with a fire in the background. Yes….that’s been happening a lot and I can’t complain. Tis’ the season….
You can make couple batches of these in no time. All it takes is some spices, pure maple syrup and your favorite nuts. I used walnuts because I love walnuts but you can swap your favorite nut for the walnuts. I’ve used almonds before and they are just as tasty as as the walnuts.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups walnuts
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon; set aside.
- Pour maple syrup into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, toast the walnuts, stirring constantly, until they are hot and lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately add the nuts to the maple syrup and toss to coat. Stir in the spice mixture until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and cool completely before serving.
Swap your favorite nuts for the walnuts.