Spicy candied walnuts are great for snacking, gifting, and more! The sweet and spicy flavor is so addictive.
- 2 cups walnut halves or pieces, unseasoned
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts in an even layer onto a rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 5 minutes. Shake the pan to redistribute the walnuts and return to the oven for 3 minutes longer. Alternatively, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, toast the walnuts, stirring constantly, until they are hot and lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- While the walnuts are roasting, pour maple syrup into a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Immediately add the hot walnuts to the maple syrup and toss to coat. Stir in the spice mixture until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and cool completely before serving.
- How to Store: Cool walnuts completely, then store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: candied nuts, snack, seasonal