Turn juicy sweet berries into a delicious homemade jam in just 30-minutes! Simply made with berries, honey, chia seeds, and lemon juice. No canning necessary!
- 2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a 4-quart heavy-bottom saucepan combine strawberries, blueberries, and honey. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in chia seeds. Reduce heat to a medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until the berries soften and break down. It’s normal for the foam to form on the top of the jam as it cooks.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in lemon juice. Jam will be pretty runny but it will thicken as it cools and even more when refrigerated.
- Let jam cool completely at room temperature and then ladle into clean half-pint jars.
- Store covered, for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator. Recipe makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Feel free to make this jam with other berries such as blackberries, raspberries, or cherries (not a berry but still a favorite). If using frozen berries, simply add them to the saucepan without thawing out first.
Keywords: easy jam, berry, summer