Honey sweetened strawberry blueberry jam with healthy chia seeds. It’s so easy to make on your stovetop as it requires no canning.
Yields: 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a 4-quart saucepan combine strawberries, blueberries, and honey. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in chia seeds and reduce heat to a medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Mixture will thicken more as it cools and even more as it chills.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Let jam cool completely at room temperature and then ladle into clean half-pint jars.
- Store covered, for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
Keywords: easy jam, no canning, healthy spread