Herb baked chicken is a foolproof family favorite recipe that never disappoints! It comes together so quick and easily.
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices and set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl. Make sure they have already been pat dried with a paper towel. Add olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and using your hands again, toss the drumsticks making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks and roast for additional 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
- Chicken: Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs bake similar to drumsticks and can be used instead or a combination of both.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 297.6 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Protein: 50.8 g
- Cholesterol: 231.4 mg
Keywords: easy, family friendly, seasoned