Ultra-versatile balsamic vinaigrette dressing with only a handful of ingredients. This everyday vinaigrette recipe is so creamy, tangy, and sweet.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Optional add-ins: minced garlic, minced shallots, dried spices – such as oregano or Italian seasoning
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Or add all ingredients into a mason jar with a lid and shake vigorously until combined.
- Taste the dressing for salt and pepper. Add more honey and mustard to taste, and any optional add-ins.
- Storing Leftovers: Vinaigrette without any optional add-ins will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If adding fresh ingredients, such as garlic or shallots, it will keep refrigerated for about 1 week.
- Before Serving: It is normal for the oil and vinegar to separate upon standing so give the dressing a good whisk or shake before serving.
Keywords: everyday vinaigrette, salad dressing