Roasted broccoli with bacon, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. This is a great side dish recipe to add to your weekly rotation!
Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
Broccoli florets are roasted with bacon and pine nuts. Then topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice and zest.
Roasted Broccoli Tips
Before you get started, here are few general tips to ensure your roasted broccoli turns out perfectly, every time.
- Cut the broccoli into even-size florets so it cooks evenly.
- Pat dry the broccoli. After rinsing the broccoli under the water, make sure to thoroughly pat dry with a kitchen towel or few sheets of paper towels.
- Do not overcrowd the pan to ensure the florets crisp up nicely. Use two baking sheets if needed.
Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
You will need the following ingredients to make this side dish:
- Fresh broccoli
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
How to Make Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
On the baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets, bacon, and pine nuts with olive oil until lightly coated. Arrange in an even layer across the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, tossing halfway, or until the florets are golden on the edges and bacon crisps up.
Remove the pan from the oven and top the broccoli with lemon juice, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
This side dish is best served immediately.
This oven-roasted broccoli with bacon is a side dish that pairs well with so many recipes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Ground Turkey Stroganoff
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Maple Mustard Salmon
- Chicken Stuffed Zucchini
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Chicken and Quinoa in Mustard Sauce
Roasted broccoli with crispy bacon bits, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. This is a great side dish to add to your weekly rotation!
- 24 oz. fresh broccoli florets
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Zest 1 lemon and juice half lemon
- 2–3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets, bacon, and pine nuts with olive oil. Arrange in an even layer across the pan, then sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and bacon is crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Keywords: easy roasted vegetables, easy broccoli, sheet pan vegetables