We are officially kicking off the summer this weekend friends! It’s Memorial Day weekend for us and it means some good ol’ fashion family and BBQ time. We are grilling up some classics because once in a while you just gotta have a juicy hamburger right off the grill and a hotdog with all the fixins. You know what I mean? And with juicy burgers, you gotta have some tasty (healthified) sides, like Greek Salad Skewers = 100% crowd pleaser!
It’s pretty much greek salad on a stick and who doesn’t love food on a stick? Tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, and feta all skewered and drizzled with a tasty greek vinaigrette. It’s the same vinaigrette I use pretty much on all of my greek salads, sides, and meats. It’s super tasty and easy to make and totally adds something a little extra to these simple skewers.
These make the best side dish or appetizer. They aren’t fancy or complicated at all. Only 4 ingredients with minimal prep. Fresh, flavorful, and pretty. Plus food on a stick? I just can’t get over it. Annnnd these require no utensils to be devoured. Always a plus, especially when feeding a crowd.
Hope y’all have a long weekend off (for those celebrating in US). Follow me on IG to see what we’re up to and cooking this weekend. Plus, please tag me on IG or FB @littlebrokenblog if you cook anything from my blog or just simply wanna show off your own food creations 🙂
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. whole block feta*, cut into 12 (1-inch) cubes
- 24 black pitted whole olives
- 12 cucumber halves, sliced ½-inch thick
- 12 (6-inch) wood skewers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp. fresh minced oregano
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the skewers as follows: tomato, olive, feta (be very gentle with feta), cucumber, olive, and tomato. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Right before serving, drizzle the skewers with the vinaigrette. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.