Greek salad on a skewer with tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, and feta cheese. Drizzled with a tasty Greek vinaigrette. It’s a perfect appetizer or light side dish for any occasion.
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 6 – 8 oz. whole block of feta in brine, cut into 12 (3/4 – 1 inch) cubes
- 12 whole Kalamata olives, pitted
- 3–4 mini cucumbers (Persian), cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- Fresh minced parsley, for garnish, optional
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside at room temperature while you prepare the skewers.
- To assemble the skewers, thread one tomato, feta cube, olive, and cucumber slice onto the skewer. Transfer to a serving platter. (When threading on the feta, hold it tightly between your fingers to avoid it cracking and/or breaking. I usually like to have a few extra cubes of feta in case some do break). Repeat until you have a total of 12 skewers.
- Right before serving, drizzle the skewers with the vinaigrette. If desired, garnish with parsley and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Make Ahead: These skewers can be stored in the refrigerator for a short time (1-2 hours) before serving. Do not drizzle with vinaigrette if storing in the refrigerator. Instead, drizzle with vinaigrette right before serving. The vinaigrette can be made a few days in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 208.9 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16.9 mg
Keywords: salad on a stick, party food, salad skewer