Cranberry dip with white cheddar, cream cheese, homemade cranberry sauce, and fresh cranberries. It’s salty, sweet, and so festive. Plus those cranberries bursting in your mouth is pure heaven!
This cranberry dip is salty, sweet, and so festive. It’s made with white cheddar cheese, cream cheese, homemade cranberry sauce, and fresh cranberries.
It’s really easy to put together and is always such a crowd pleaser.
Serve it with homemade toast crisps or crackers of choice.
Ingredients for White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip
- Extra-Sharp White Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- Fresh cranberries
How to Make White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip – Step by Step
In a large bowl, mix together the white cheddar and cream cheese. Fold in the cranberry sauce and fresh cranberries.
Next, you want to transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in a 375F oven for 18-23 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Lastly, sprinkle the reserved cheddar cheese and place under a broiler for few minutes until the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on it as the cheese burns easily.
Extra Tips for Making Cranberry Dip
- You can prepare the cranberry sauce well in advance (I would say a good week out) and store covered in the refrigerator.
- Use good quality white cheddar cheese. Buy a block and shred it yourself.
- This dip is best when served immediately!
More Cranberry Recipes You Might Like
Time Management Tip: prepare the dip ingredients up to one day in advance and store in the refrigerator, covered, in an oven-safe baking dish.
When ready to bake, place in the preheated oven just when your guests begin to arrive.Print
White cheddar cranberry dip with homemade cranberry sauce and fresh cranberries. It’s salty, sweet, and so festive.
- 2 cups Extra-Sharp White Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 Tbsp. reserved)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (12 oz.) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an oven-safe baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the white cheddar and cream cheese. Fold in the cranberry sauce and fresh cranberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake 18-23 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheddar cheese and place under a broiler for few minutes until the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on it as the cheese burns easily.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries burst, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cranberry sauce recipe makes more than what the dip calls for. Therefore, you will have some leftover.
- recipe adapted with slight changes from Cooking Stoned
Keywords: cream cheese dip, cheese cranberry dip, holiday, Thanksgiving
Originally published November 2014, updated November 2018 with new photos and rewritten post.