Delicious avocado egg salad with crunchy veggies and creamy herb dressing is the best healthy egg salad I have tasted.
For your avocado egg salad, you want the best quality eggs since they are the star of this recipe. That’s why these gorgeous brown eggs from Happy Egg Co. Free Range Eggs are absolutely delicious.
They are hormone, pesticide, and antibiotic-free and come from farms in Arkansas and Missouri. The farms are tucked away on rolling woodland hills on 8 acres of land, which is 5X the required size to be considered Free Range. I think that’s pretty amazing!
The hens are raised on green pasture and have access to the outdoors to forage, perch, dust bathe and stretch their wings. This results in healthy, happy hens, which then leads to healthier, fuller, more nutrient-rich eggs.
Ingredients for Egg Salad
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, cilantro
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- First, you’ll want to cook the eggs. I’ve used this foolproof method to hard-boil eggs for years. Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and boil for exactly 5 minutes at a rolling boil. Turn off heat while leaving the pot on the hot burner for 5 more minutes. Drain, cool in ice water, and peel.
- Next, whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dressing might be more on the thick side depending on the brand of sour cream used.
- Lastly, add the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
What to Eat with Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
This avocado egg salad serves well over a toasted slice of whole-grain bread with arugula or baby spinach for an open-faced sandwich. For a low-carb option, serve it inside a lettuce leaf as I have done here. Another option would be to serve it over salad greens.
And if you’re craving more egg salad recipes, try this Salmon Egg Salad with an added boost of protein.
As always, if you try this Avocado Egg Salad let me know how you like it in the comments below!Print
Delicious avocado egg salad with crunchy veggies and creamy herb dressing is the best healthy egg salad I have tasted!
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 3/4 cup kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, such as dill, cilantro, parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad. Add salad ingredients to a large salad bowl. Stir in the dressing and gently toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Depending on the brand of the sour cream used, the dressing might be more on the thick side. Do not add any additional ingredients to thin out the dressing. As the salad chills, the vegetables will release some of their juices and the salad will be perfectly creamy.
- You can use a combination of your favorite fresh herbs for the dressing. I personally love parsley, dill, and cilantro, but fresh oregano, chives, and even a little fresh tarragon would be great.
- For an open-faced sandwich, I toasted whole wheat bread, topped it with arugula, and then the salad. Fresh sliced radishes or cucumbers would also be tasty to add.
Keywords: easter, leftover, seasonal, spring, easy, healthy
This post has been sponsored by The Happy Egg Co®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.