Salmon Egg Salad
Salmon Egg Salad is a delicious salad made in minutes with canned salmon, eggs, crunchy veggies, and plenty of fresh herbs. Serve it over crostini or baby romaine.
More Egg Salads! Love creamy egg salads? Try our Egg Salad with Greek Yogurt.
My sister shared this easy canned salmon salad recipe with me to make with leftover hard-boiled eggs from Easter.
It combines canned salmon with hard-boiled eggs, fresh cucumbers, onions, and herbs in a lemony Greek yogurt dressing.
It’s a very creamy, tasty, and easy salad to serve with crackers, cucumber rounds, or over toast.
For this salad, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Canned salmon
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Sweet onion
- English cucumber or dill pickles
- Green onions
- Fresh dill
- Greek yogurt, whole milk or 2%
- Lemon juice and zest
How to Make Salmon Salad Using Canned Salmon
In a bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Set aside.
To a separate bowl, add drained salmon, eggs, sweet onions, cucumbers, green onions, and dill.
Add the Greek yogurt dressing. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine.
Canned salmon salad makes a great lunch salad to have on hand. It can be served in a variety of ways too!
- Over crisp crostini or toast
- With crackers or plantain chips
- Cucumber rounds or halved sweet mini peppers
- Stuffed into baby romaine leaves or over chopped lettuce
Salmon egg salad is best enjoyed within 3-4 days after it’s been made. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container.
I do not recommend freezing this salad.
A delicious salad made in minutes with canned salmon, eggs, crunchy veggies, and plenty of fresh herbs. Serve it over crostini or baby romaine.
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) boneless, skinless wild salmon, drained
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled + chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English cucumber or dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, whole milk or 2%
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Zest 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste, optional
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, sweet onions, cucumbers, green onions, and dill. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice, and zest. Add to the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Taste for salt and acidity before serving.
- Salmon: Canned pink or red salmon can be used.
- Serving Suggestions: See post for serving suggestions.
- Leftovers: Keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 188.1 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 215.5 mg
Keywords: seafood, Easter, leftovers,