Tender homemade chicken patties with jalapeño and cilantro served over roasted sweet corn succotash. Another weeknight meal that you all will love!
Just like Healthy Chicken Meatballs, these homemade chicken patties are incredibly juicy, tender, and full of flavor. They make one well-balanced meal that even the pickiest of eaters will love.
Homemade chicken patties are small, round, tex-mex inspired patties, made up of ground chicken, cilantro, jalapeño, and spices. Pan cooked and served with sweet corn succotash. It’s one of those meals that’s full of healthy protein and fresh veggies. Perfect for families with small children or someone who loves to meal prep.
How to Make Chicken Patties
- Combine the ground chicken with onions, cilantro, jalapeño, spices, olive oil, salt, and pepper. The mixture might be more on the wet side depending on the brand of chicken used but that’s okay.
- To form into patties, simply oil the palm of your hands and form the chicken mixture into ten patties, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add patties to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
How Do You Reheat Chicken Patties?
There are several ways you can reheat the chicken patties. First in the oven at a low temperature of about 200 to 250 degrees F. Place the chicken patties on a sheet pan and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the patties are warmed through.
You can also reheat the patties on the stove top. Place the ground chicken patties in a 10 – 12 inch skillet, add just enough water to lightly cover the bottom of the skillet, and heat through over medium-low heat, partially covered, until the patties are warm. And lastly there’s always the microwave for reheating the patties. Not my personal favorite when it comes to flavor but it’s definitely convenient.
What is Succotash?
Succotash is simply a dish of corn, lima beans, and other seasonal vegetables usually cooked together over the stove-top. It’s made with fresh vegetables and served as a side. However, I’m changing things up and making this veggie loaded succotash dish with frozen corn, frozen edamame, bell peppers, and russet potatoes. The best part is that the vegetables are roasted entirely in the oven. All you have to do it toss, season, and let the oven do all the work.
How to Make Corn Succotash
- First roast the potatoes in a hot 450 degree F oven until half way done, about 15 minutes. Make sure the potatoes are cut into about 1/2-inch cubes.
- Next, combine the rest of the corn succotash ingredients and add to the potatoes. You want to use a large enough sheet pan so the vegetables are now crowded. Roast the vegetables until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve alongside the chicken patties.
Tips for Making Chicken Patty Recipe
- Season the ground chicken mixture thoroughly with salt and pepper. The amount will vary on brand and type of salt.
- Chop the onions really finely. You want the taste of the onion to be gradual and distributed evenly into the meat.
- For corn succotash, use large enough baking sheet to ensure the vegetables are not overcrowded and there’s room for steam to escape. You want a sheet pan at least 18 X 12 inches.
- Chop the potatoes, bell pepper, and onions same size so they roast evenly.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
If you try these homemade chicken patties, let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your feedback and a rating.Print
Juicy homemade chicken patties with jalapeño and cilantro served over roasted sweet corn succotash. Another weeknight meal that you all will love!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño, seeds and stem removed
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin, chili pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for cooking
- Guacamole, to serve
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Olive oil
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add corn, edamame, bell peppers, onions, garlic, paprika, and cumin. Toss thoroughly with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the corn mixture with roasted potatoes and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for additional 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the patties. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with onions, cilantro, jalapeño, spices, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Form the chicken mixture into 10 patties. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little olive oil to the palm of your hands.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan just enough to cover the bottom and cook the patties for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top with guacamole and serve alongside corn succotash.
- Toss in frozen veggies as is. There’s no need to thaw out.
Keywords: easy, family friendly, meal prep, healthy