This festive quinoa salad is a holiday must! Loaded with so much flavor and crunch. Everything from leafy arugula, bright pomegranate, crunchy apples, and salty feta. Comes together effortlessly and can be made the night before.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby arugula
- 1 Gala apple, cored + chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a mason jar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Shake vigorously until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, arugula, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill the salad for 45 minutes up to overnight. Give it a quick toss right before serving.
- Make Ahead: This is a great salad to make the night before. Hold off on adding arugula until ready to serve.
- Leftovers: Leftover salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. The arugula does wilt down and apples slightly change color, but other than that the salad holds up well in the fridge.
Keywords: holiday, Christmas, make ahead, side