Happy Mother’s Day to all my mama followers! Mother’s day is an awesome day to recognize that special mama in our life by doing something a little special. Sure who doesn’t love flowers, piece of jewelry or something really nice from the store but what about something more personal and homemade? Now don’t get me wrong, I love getting gifts (especially if they come in silver box with a silver bow 🙂 but can’t we all agree that homemade is the sweetest gift ever?
My six year old brings me all kinds of little sweet treats and gifts he makes at school and honestly it makes my heart melt how much effort and innocence goes into making them. But if you’re older than six and need a grown up idea to surprise your mama with then I got you covered today. These Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Ganache make a perfect little gift or addition to your brunch table. Because you can never go wrong with food, especially made at home.
They are quite the most simplest dessert you will ever make. It’s your basic graham cracker crust with classic cheesecake layer, topped with two ingredient white chocolate ganache. All in miniature form! Yes, they are mini and are super, super cute. I recently picked up a mini cheesecake pan that I’ve been wanting for a while and been loving everything about it. And I’m not even a huge cheesecake person but this pan is slowly converting me to a full blown lover!
I personally love small desserts, they are more personable and not so intimidating. Plus you can pop a couple without anyone noticing 🙂 These are super cute, simple to make, and taste just like your favorite classic cheesecake dessert. Super silky, creamy, and delicious with a chocolate-y top layer.
You can make these the night before. They store well refrigerated up to one day. Serve these for brunch, lunch, give away as gifts, or eat them yourself. No judging here.
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (4 full sheets)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 pkgs.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 12-cup Mini Cheesecake Pan
- fresh fruit to serve
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter, and sugar. Lightly coat the cheesecake pan with cooking spray and press 2 teaspoons of crumb mixture onto bottom of each cheesecake pan cavity; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar with a mixer until well blended and smooth. Add the egg and mix on low speed until well blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture over each crust.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the centers are soft to the touch and almost set. Cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until cheesecakes are chilled and completely set.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Bring to a low simmer over low heat. Turn off heat. Whisk the mixture until melted and smooth.
- Spoon the ganache evenly over chilled cheesecake tops (work quickly before ganache sets). Refrigerate until chocolate is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes and gently glide a knife around the edges to loosen up the edges and remove the cheesecake from the pan.
- Serve immediately or store covered up to 1 day in the refrigerator. Top with fresh fruit if desired before serving.
*add additional time for cheesecake to chill