A quick and easy way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers is with this turkey tortilla soup. It’s made with leftover turkey meat, chiles, corn, tomatoes, and beans.
And if you love tex-mex meals, try our Turkey Stuffed Peppers.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Turkey Tortilla Soup
Make the most out of your Thanksgiving dinner with this leftover turkey tortilla soup. It’s a delicious way to transform leftovers into a next-day meal.
This turkey tortilla soup is such an easy recipe — leftover turkey meat, corn, and beans simmered in a perfectly spiced tomato base.
Finished off with fresh lime juice and cilantro, and served with crushed tortilla chips and avocado for a delicious tex-mex soup.
You’ll enjoy this soup for days!
Ingredients for Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Fresh garlic
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Black beans
- Spices – chili powder, oregano
- Chicken stock
- Leftover turkey meat
- Fresh lime
Making Tortilla Soup from Leftovers
First, heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Next, add tomatoes, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, oregano, stock, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. The soup will reduce slightly.
Lastly, stir in leftover turkey meat, cilantro, and lime juice and cook until heated through.
Tortilla Soup Toppings
This tortilla soup is delicious topped with crushed tortilla chips and avocado but you can certainly customize the toppings to suit your taste. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped avocado
- More chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced green onions
Can I Use Leftover Chicken in Tortilla Soup?
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
- Turkey Cuban Sandwich
- Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas – swap out the chicken for the turkey
- Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
If you try Turkey Tortilla Soup, please leave us feedback and a rating.Print
Quick and easy way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat is with this turkey tortilla soup. It’s made with chiles, corn, diced tomatoes, beans, and turkey meat.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 – 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- To serve: crushed tortilla chips and chopped avocado
- Heat olive oil in a dutch-oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, oregano, stock, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Soup will slightly reduce.
- Stir in turkey meat, cilantro, and lime juice and cook until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips and avocado.
- Leftovers: Leftover soup will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Keep stored in an airtight container.
Keywords: thanksgiving leftovers, easy soup