Garlicky edamame with a spicy kick. Rich in flavor and extremely addicting. Only four ingredients and about 10 minutes from start to finish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m re-visiting an old favorite inspired by a local sushi restaurant here in Maryland that we absolutely love. I first shared the recipe for these Chili Garlic Edamame back in 2014 but honestly the photos don’t do the recipe any justice. I forgot how delicious these are. We recently made a batch of these edamame for a sushi night and I just knew I had to re-share the recipe with better photos. I’m hoping you guys give these a try. They’re garlicky, spicy, and a little greasy. Perfect on their own as a snack or appetizer.
You only need four ingredients and about 10 minutes from start to finish. First, you start by cooking the edamame. Make sure to use edamame in pods and not shelled. Then drain the edamame and set aside.
Next, melt the butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. If you’re someone who loves spicy food then go with 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes but if you want less spicy go with 1/4 teaspoon. Cook for about 1-2 and then stir in the cooked edamame.
The garlic + red pepper infused butter creates a delicious coating for the edamame. You won’t be able to put these down! They are so addicting on their own as a snack.
Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblgPrint
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen Edamame in the pods
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan with water to a boil. Add edamame and cook at a rolling boil for 2-3 or until tender. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cooked edamame. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.