Cozy up to this apple crisp with coconut oil, honey, and almond flour. Made with the perfect touch of cinnamon and crunchy coconut walnut topping.
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 lbs. apples (combo of sweet + tart), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Scatter the cubed butter on a bottom of 9 X 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples and cinnamon with a wooden spoon or tongs. Then add honey and toss to combine. Spread the apples on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In the same bowl, combine the oats, flour, walnuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and salt. Add the coconut oil and honey, and stir until combined.
- Spread the oat mixture over the apples covering them evenly. Scatter the cubed butter over the topping.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is lightly golden brown. Rest 15-20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
- Apples: Granny Smith apples are tart and great all-around baking apples. For sweet apples, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, or Fuji are all great choices.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 35.7 g
- Sodium: 101.6 mg
- Fat: 31.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.4 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: fall, healthy, easy