Roasted lemon chicken with rosemary and garlic is perfect for a weeknight dinner! It comes together so quickly and insanely flavored with only few simple ingredients.
You can’t have too many roasted chicken recipes! This one is perfect for a busy weeknight or when you have a full house of guests. It’s made in the oven with literally one bowl and a roasting pan. Not to mention only few simple ingredients. You only need rosemary, lemon, and garlic. It’s insanely flavorful combo, especially for the chicken. Toss everything together and let your oven do all the work. Pair it with cauliflower mash and a house salad for a complete meal.
- 2½ pounds bone-in, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 4 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and toss, throughly coating with the mixture.
- Arrange the chicken skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then flip and continue baking for additional 25-30 minutes until completely cooked through. The skin should be golden brown when finished baking.