This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy and flavorful fall salad with apples, walnuts, and dried cranberries. It’s a must try recipe that comes together in minutes with the most delicious maple cider vinaigrette!
There is nothing more I love more than a simple, yet flavorful salad that works with just about any weeknight dinner. This apple crunch salad is all about fall favors, texture, and color. It all starts with a bed of crisp romaine lettuce topped with Honeycrisp apples, toasted walnuts, cranberries, and salty feta. Everything is tossed with the most delicious maple cider vinaigrette. Only 4 ingredients and this vinaigrette is going to be your next favorite dressing! It has the perfect amount of tart and sweetness.
I love the versatility of this salad yet how well it all comes together. You get so many different textures and flavors but each one compliments the other. Plus this salad is simple enough to go with just about any weeknight dinner, but also perfect for upcoming holidays.
I’ve partnered with Food Lion on this post to tell you guys all about how you can save time and money when grocery shopping with their Food Lion Mobile App – iTunes and Food Lion Mobile App – Google Play. Whether you’re planning your weeknight meals or a holiday feast, their mobile app will make your life easier. It has it all: shopping lists, weekly ads, digital MVP, coupons, and a recipe finder. You can plan your weekly meals with the recipe finder based on your ingredients. You can also add your items to a shopping list from weekly ads, coupons, and recipes with just a tap. I personally love that they make everything easy, fresh, and affordable from the groceries they cary to the way I shop.
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored + cut into matchsticks
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with desired amount of dressing. Add apples, walnuts, cranberries, and feta. Drizzle more dressing, if desired, and toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Check out the Fresh Ideas Blog for more inspiration!