Light, yet packed with so much flavor, these zucchini and fresh corn fritters are a must in the summer time! So easy to make with simple farmers market ingredients.
Last month my sister hosted a little sprinkle for me and she served zucchini fritters, topped with slice of tomato and fresh herbs. They were so simple but insanely delicious and light. So this recipe was totally inspired by her fritters. Except I added fresh sweet corn, mozzarella cheese, and dried basil for added punch of flavor. I absolutely love how easy they are to make with simple ingredients that are now at their peak! We love these fritters with sour cream but you can enjoy them as is warm or even cold. They do well in the refrigerator for couple days or so.
- 1 pound zucchini, shredded and drained*
- ½ cup grated white onion
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn**
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- olive oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, corn, egg, and cheese. Then stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, spoon the zucchini mixture by a tablespoon. (I used a regular eating tablespoon to measure out the mixture). Flatten the tops with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve warm fritters as is or with sour cream. These are also delicious topped with a thin slice of tomato and fresh herbs of your choice.
**You can use frozen or canned corn but thaw/drain really well before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients.