Light, yet packed with so much flavor, these zucchini corn fritters are a must in the summer time! So easy to make with simple farmers market ingredients.
- 1 pound zucchini, shredded and drained*
- 1/2 cup grated white onion
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn**
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
- olive oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, corn, egg, and cheese. Then stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, spoon the zucchini mixture by a tablespoon. (I used a regular eating tablespoon to measure out the mixture). Flatten the tops with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve warm fritters as is or with sour cream. These are also delicious topped with a thin slice of tomato and fresh herbs of your choice.
*Make sure to squeeze out as much of excess moisture from the zucchini before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. I did this by using my hands. You can also use couple layers of paper towels, cheese cloth, or a dish towel.
**You can use frozen corn but thaw/drain really well before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients.
Keywords: seasonal, summer, easy, farmers market