Flavor loaded 20-minute pasta with sun-dried tomato pesto and fresh baby spinach is SO easy to make! It makes the perfect meatless dinner or quick side dish for those busy back to school nights.
We are officially back on our school time routine. Early morning breakfast, school lunches, drop off, pick up, and after school sports. Some days it feels like I’m on the go non-stop, so dinner time has to be quick and easy. That is why I love meals like this 20-minute pasta. ♥ Four ingredient sun-dried tomato pesto made in a food processor then combined with hot gemelli pasta (←love love this pasta). Also fresh baby spinach and creamy parmesan cheese get added in. It’s heaven in a bowl. It truly is. Serve it with a huge chopped salad and you’ve got dinner in no time, whether you’re craving something meatless or simply need a side. Plus leftovers for lunch is always a win.
Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg
- 16 oz. gemelli or other short pasta
- 1 (8.5 oz.) jar oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed, plus more to serve
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach, packed
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a bowl of a food processor, pulse the tomatoes and their oil until finely chopped. Add garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until the mixture resembles paste like consistency. It will be thick and you may have to stop the food processor to scrape down the sides.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the heat and stir in the spinach, sun-dried tomato pesto, and reserved cooking water. Stir until the spinach has wilted slightly. Then add the parmesan cheese. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve with sprinkle of chopped basil and parmesan, if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup