Golden crisp flatbread smothered in garlic and herb oil, sprinkle of cheese and topped with artichokes, spinach and tomatoes. This mediterranean inspired appetizer is all about ton of flavor with minimal effort.
Appetizers are one of my favorite foods that I look forward to when I’m at a party. I think it’s the bite size, variety of assortment and ability to taste it all that gets me excited. But then who doesn’t like finger food? Especially around the holidays.
I’m happy to share this delicious appetizer, using store bought naan/flat bread. It’s quick, easy, and loaded with layers of flavor.
Starting with garlic + parsley olive oil, which serves as a base for the flatbread. Then sprinkle of mozzarella and parmesan. And then the good stuff…artichokes, cherry tomatoes, and fresh baby spinach. All tossed in olive oil + basil and piled a top of the flatbread. Baked for 10-12 minutes until golden crisp.
Result is absolutely mouthwatering. So not basic. Crispy-thin and full of flavor. Serve this for your holiday parties, football parties, or as a light mid-week meal.
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 (8-inch) round flatbreads
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichokes in water, drained
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. dry basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, parsley and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over each flatbread. Then sprinkle with mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Toss artichokes, tomatoes, spinach and basil with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the mixture on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake flatbread on the prepared baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Serves 4 as appetizer or 2-3 as light meal.