Simple, fresh, and healthy one-pot creamy pesto shrimp over zucchini noodles makes an easy weeknight dinner. Made with delicious homemade basil pesto, cream, shrimp and healthy tender crisp zucchini noodles. It’s an ultimate meal to add to your weekly rotation!
There’s no doubt that ever since I started playing around with a vegetable spiralizer I’ve become more than a little obsessed. I mean what’s not to love here?! Long strands of vegetable noodles that serve like spaghetti noodles but in a much lighter and healthier way! Now I want to spiralize every vegetable and eat it smothered in creamy sauce. With zero guilt!
Zucchini noodles aren’t hard to make. All you need is a spiralizer. I have a simple, inexpensive one that I picked up at Sur la table that works perfect. You simply cut off the ends of the zucchini and place the zucchini into the end of the slicer and twist. You get endless julienned vegetable “noodles”. You can bake, fry or eat them raw. My favorite is to serve them under creamy sauce.
I made a simple basil pesto (store-bought pesto will work just fine), that I combined with cream to create a delicious saucy base for the cooked shrimp and zucchini noodles. Everything in one pan, simmered away until tender crisp. That easy!
Saucy creamy shrimp over tender crisp zucchini noodles is a perfect combination of healthy and comfort food in one. On the table in 30 minutes (with homemade pesto). I know! Right?!
- 1 lbs. (31-40) large shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ⅓ cup cream
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium/high heat.
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes (stirring couple times) or just until the shrimp begins to turn light pink.
- Whisk in the flour, then add the pesto and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add zucchini noodles and continue cooking for additional 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and noodles are tender crisp.
- Remove from the heat, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.