Today, I have a delicious pasta dish to share with you all that I’m super duper excited about!!! Because well…who does not love pasta? Especially one that will leave you happily satisfied without “I inhaled a whale feeling”. Or is it just me? Because we don’t cook much pasta but when we do, well…let’s just say I have zero control and always over do it. With this one, though, there is zero guilt with overdoing it. It’s made with fresh simple ingredients so you can have a bowl or two!
This Margherita Pasta recipe was inspired by one of my dear sisters, who recently started working full time and is always on a time crunch to feed her family quick but healthy dinners. She loves cheese+tomato+basil combo in pretty much anything, pasta being one of them. This recipe is so simple but so good. It combines fresh juicy tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese with penne pasta. Made in about 30 minutes on a stovetop. You can make this year round and serve it as is or add chicken or shrimp for added protein boost.
Leftovers makes an amazing frittata the next day. Just add some eggs and you have a delish brunch in no time. Annnnnnnd let’s not forget a new school year that’s about to happen for us in less than three weeks. This meal is perfect for a busy weeknight. It’s literally one pot meal.
- 1½ cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2½ tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine butter and olive oil in a 10-12 inch skillet over medium/high heat until sizzling.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and basil; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet, stirring until combined with the rest of the ingredients. Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.