Caramel Toffee Cookies
Delicious spin on a classic chocolate chip cookie! These caramel toffee cookies are loaded with toffee pieces and chewy caramels, in addition to chocolate chips.
This soft chocolate chip cookie with chunks of toffee pieces and chewy caramels is a must during holidays. It’s made with brown sugar which makes a softer cookie. The chunks of toffee and caramel add a nice texture, while still keeping the cookie soft and chewy.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar will make the cookies softer.
- Baking soda: Not to be confused with baking powder.
- Salt: I like using kosher salt for my recipes but sea salt is fine too.
- Eggs: You’ll need 2 large eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla: Make sure to use pure vanilla extract.
- All-purpose flour: When measuring flour, use the spoon & level method.
- Toffee candy: Engish toffee bits by this brand are my favorite to use. If you can’t find this specific brand, any chocolate-covered toffee candy is fine too.
- Caramels: Use soft caramels for this recipe, like these.
- Chocolate chips: I like semi-sweet chocolate but dark chocolate is fine too.
How to Make Caramel Toffee Cookies
Here is a quick run-down of how to make these caramel cookies. For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in brown sugar and baking soda. Then, salt and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in chopped toffee and caramels, and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by a rounded tablespoon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 7-9 minutes at 375F.
- For best results, do not substitute any ingredients. The original recipe was written with shortening but we have since retested and updated the recipe with unsalted butter. Everything else stayed the same.
- Make sure to use the spoon & level method for measuring the flour.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze cookie dough by dropping it by rounded tablespoon on a cookie sheet and freezing it until the dough is set. Then transfer into a container or Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Cookie RecipesPrint
Delicious spin on a classic chocolate chip cookie! These caramel toffee cookies are loaded with toffee pieces and chewy caramels.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1/2 cup chopped toffee candy
- 1/2 cup chopped soft caramels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter on medium speed with a hand-held mixer until creamy. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in toffee, caramels, and chocolate chips.
- Lightly coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 33.1 g
- Sodium: 81.4 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
Keywords: holiday, drop cookies, christmas