Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps made with tangy sauce and served with creamy coleslaw in a crisp lettuce cup. SO easy, quick, and simple. Very weeknight-friendly too!
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cider or white vinegar
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Lettuce for serving, iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp. cider of white vinegar
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the celery for few minutes or until tender.
- Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes, while breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- Stir in sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a quick simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, covered.
- Serve the buffalo chicken in a lettuce cup with coleslaw and extra cilantro + green onions, if desired.
- Add Greek yogurt, cilantro, vinegar, green onions, garlic, and honey to a bowl of food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Toss with coleslaw until combined. Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, such as avocado or olive oil for extra creaminess.
- Coleslaw – you can sub mayo or do a 50/50 for the Greek yogurt.
- Leftovers – buffalo ground chicken mixture will last in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored properly in an airtight container. The slaw for about 3-5 days. Keep everything refrigerated separately and assemble as needed. It also makes a delish next-day salad with a drizzle of buttermilk ranch dressing.
Keywords: buffalo chicken, lettuce wraps,