Ridiculously easy and foolproof oven roasted chicken drumsticks. Seasoned perfectly with a mixture of dried herbs and then roasted until golden crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth tender inside. This is a family favorite every single time!
There’s nothing better than an easy weeknight dinner that you can throw together in minutes, preferably with very little clean up. These oven roasted herb drumsticks are exactly that! They come together super easy, require basically no clean up, and taste ridiculously good. The secret is all in the herb rub. It combines some of the basic dried herbs, such as oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and cayenne. Then the chicken is roasted nice and slow until golden crisp. All you need a huge crisp salad and you have dinner on the table in no time!
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices and set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl. Make sure they have already been pat dried with a paper towel. Add olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and using your hands again, toss the drumsticks making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks and roast for additional 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.