We LOVE asparagus in me casa, mostly because of my hubby. That’s his absolute favorite vegetable so it’s on our dinner menu often. I’m always looking for new ways to make it as I fall into a rut of roasting it with olive oil and lemon pretty much every single time. Even though asparagus is one of those vegetables that requires very little extras to make it tasty, I still like to switch it up for something a little more elegant.
Easy Parmesan and Prosciutto Roasted Asparagus is just that. It’s quick, easy, elegant, and pairs with almost every dish. It has become one of my absolute favorite side dishes ever.
This is simple as roasting asparagus with few easy additions – chopped prosciutto, crumbled Parmesan, and pine nuts. Roasting asparagus kills the natural bitterness. Parmesan and prosciutto add a savory component to the sweet asparagus and pine nuts add a tasty crunch.
Simple yet so so flavorful. It tastes absolutely delish right out of the oven or cold the next day over a salad.
- 1 lbs. asparagus, trimmed
- 4 slices prosciutto*, roughly chopped
- ⅓ - ½ cup shaved Parmesan, crumbled with your hand
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt** and pepper; gently toss to incorporate.
- Sprinkle on the prosciutto, Parmesan, and pine nuts.
- Roast in the oven for 12 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp.
- Serve immediately.
**go light on the salt as the prosciutto and parmesan are salty. if need to, you can adjust the S+P after the asparagus is cooked