Roasted asparagus with Parmesan cheese and prosciutto just has to be the best way to prepare asparagus. It only takes five ingredients!
- 1 lb. bundle of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, about 4 slices, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Do not overcrowd. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss around to evenly coat.
- Top the asparagus with prosciutto, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp and asparagus tender. If desired, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the asparagus before serving.
- Prosciutto is Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced. You can find it at most grocery stores near the deli meats. It’s very salty so keep that in mind when salting the asparagus.
- Recipe adapted from the Food Network
Keywords: vegetables, spring, easy,