Potstickers are my favorite quick and not to mention easy go to meal. We make some form of chicken potstickers at least once every couple weeks. They’re super versatile: perfect for dinner, appetizer, pack them with any filling of your choice, steam, or pan fry. I personally like to steam potstickers if we’re having them for dinner but when I’m making them as an appetizer, I find that they hold up better when pan fried, especially when feeding a large crown where the food is going to sit out for couple hours.
These 4-ingredient potstickers are truly easy, tasty, and versatile. They combine ground lean chicken with already seasoned Italian sausage. I love using Italian sausage when I don’t have the time to mess with a 1001 different seasonings in my cabinet. Italian sausage is already seasoned really well so all the guess work is done. I like to add some form of lean ground meat to the sausage to balance out the flavors and lighten it up a bit.
For these, all I did was combine chicken and sausage with chopped onion. Sometimes I will add shredded butternut squash to juicy it up a bit but I wanted to keep these real simple. You can make a batch to eat and freeze half for that random Friday night when you’re craving Chinese takeout. I mean that’s it. It does not get any easier than this!
I included a quick dipping sauce you can make while these are cooking. My hubbys little creation. He’s all about those dipping sauces.
Just a quick note – I did not add any salt or pepper to the filling since the dipping sauce is salty. But if you’re doing something different for the sauce or not even using any, you can lightly season the filling with salt and pepper.
- 4 Italian mild sausages, removed from casing
- ½ lb. ground chicken
- ½ small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) square won ton wrappers
- vegetable or canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine the sausage meat, ground chicken, and onion.
- Spoon one teaspoon of the filling into the center of each wrapper; moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and fold to create a triangle. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers and filling.
- To cook: add just enough oil to cover the bottom of a non-stick pan and cook the potstickers over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden crisp. Remove to a paper lined plate.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce, if desired.
- Whisk together all ingredients until incorporated.
(2) One package of won ton wrappers yields approximately 50 potstickers but the quantity may vary, all depending on brand and number of wrappers.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.