Juicy homemade chicken patties with jalapeño and cilantro served over roasted sweet corn succotash. Another weeknight meal that you will love!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño, seeds and stem removed
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin, chili pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for cooking
- Guacamole, to serve, optional
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn, do not thaw out
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, do not thaw out
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Olive oil
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add corn, edamame, bell peppers, onions, garlic, paprika, and cumin. Toss thoroughly with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the corn mixture with roasted potatoes and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for additional 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the patties. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with onions, cilantro, jalapeño, spices, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Form the chicken mixture into 10 patties. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little olive oil to the palm of your hands.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan just enough to cover the bottom and cook the patties for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top with guacamole and serve alongside corn succotash.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 59.7 mg
- Fat: 33.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 64.2 mg
Keywords: easy, family friendly, meal prep, healthy