These easy ham and egg muffins come together in a cinch! They are packed with spinach, tomatoes, white cheddar, and ham.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love simple breakfast ideas for busy mornings. Especially something that the whole family will love, which is not always easy. We normally rotate between eggs, oatmeal, and on a rare occasion pancakes. Lately, these egg muffins have been on our weekly rotation. They are so simple to make!
How To Make Egg Muffins – Step by Step
You need thinly sliced deli ham, spinach, white onions, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. I’ve made these with white cheddar and mozzarella. But you can use just about any soft white cheese you like.
You basically line a standard muffin pan with ham, then add all of your veggies. Just don’t forget to spray the muffin pan with a cooking spray before lining with ham. Whisk together the eggs with salt and pepper, and pour into the muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. If you find the tops slightly undercooked, just stick the breakfast egg muffins under a broiler for about 1 minute.
What Do You Eat With Egg Muffins?
These muffins pair really well with fresh salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. However, if you’re on the go, eat them as is. They pack so much good flavor on their own.
Can You Eat Egg Muffins Cold?
Absolutely! They taste delicious hot or cold. To reheat, I normally pop a few in a microwave for 1 minute or so.
More Breakfast Recipes That You Might EnjoyPrint
Breakfast egg muffins made with ham, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. These egg muffins are baked in a muffin tin and make for one healthy breakfast on the go!
- 12 thin slices deli ham
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese*
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Line muffin cups with ham slices. Divide spinach, onions, tomatoes, and cheese evenly among the cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. I find that a small ladle works great for scooping the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If the tops are still slightly undercooked after 20 minutes, place under a broiler for 1 minute.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the muffins, and remove. Serve warm.
*mozzarella cheese can be substituted
Keywords: egg muffins, breakfast egg muffins, ham and egg muffins