Breakfast egg muffins made with ham, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. These egg muffins are baked in a muffin tin and make for one healthy breakfast on the go!
- 12 thin slices deli ham
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese*
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Line muffin cups with ham slices. Divide spinach, onions, tomatoes, and cheese evenly among the cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. I find that a small ladle works great for scooping the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If the tops are still slightly undercooked after 20 minutes, place under a broiler for 1 minute.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the muffins, and remove. Serve warm.
*mozzarella cheese can be substituted
Keywords: egg muffins, breakfast egg muffins, ham and egg muffins