Who said fruit salads are only for summer? This super easy fruit salad combines popular winter fruit with 2-ingredient lightly sweet and tart syrup. So healthy, fresh, and vibrant! Perfect for holiday dinners, parties, or potlucks.
Growing up, Christmas was celebrated strictly as a religious holiday in our household. Gift giving was just something a little extra on the side. We didn’t get spoiled with Christmas gifts but instead on Christmas eve we got a bag of goodies. It was filled with plenty of chocolate candies, nuts, and fruit. It was the best thing ever for a 5 year old me.
So winter fruit has always brought feelings of nostalgia for me. It’s something to this day, I still love to buy for eating or for a pretty centerpiece.
When we were at the cabin last weekend, I made a fruit salad with all our favorite winter fruit. It was so fresh, festive, and simple. Not to mention absolutely irresistible! All you need is pomegranate arils, asian pears, persimmons, mandarine oranges, and honey crisp apple.
First, wash and chop the fruit. Then, in a separate bowl for the syrup, whisk honey + fresh lemon juice. Pour over the salad and stir to coat. You can swap any of the fruits for what you have on hand: pears, bananas, or berries.
I’ve made this several times now and found that the fruit becomes a big soggy the next day. So it’s best when served the same day.
- 1½ cup pomegranate arils (from about 1 large pomegranate)
- 2 asian pears, seeded + chopped
- 3 persimmons, chopped
- 4 mandarine oranges, peeled + segmented
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, seeded + chopped
- 1 Tbsp. liquid honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine all the fruit together. Pour syrup over the fruit and toss to coat. If desired, drizzle with additional honey. Serve immediately.
- Whisk together the honey and lemon juice until combined.