This 30-Minute Lemon Spaghetti Recipe with Sausage and Spinach is what weeknight dinners are all about! If you have 30 minutes to spare then you can make this ALMOST one-pot pasta dish. It’s a perfect balance of healthy and comfort food all in one. As you guys know, I’m not a huge pasta lover but when I do make pasta, it has to be loaded with good ingredients. This pasta is packed with baby spinach, fresh cream, seasoned Italian sausage and of course little bit of freshly grated parmesan. All the ingredients are simple and quick cooking so you can make this on a weeknight without having to slave away in your kitchen.
I think everyone has a favorite go to pasta dish. For me it has always been cream based anything type of pasta. It’s fresh and creamy and just so comforting. With a side of homemade caesar salad preferably. These days, I don’t make pasta like I used to but when I do, I definitely try to use from scratch ingredients (if possible) and make it as light as possible but sometimes you just gotta have butter. Because butter makes everything taste good.
For this pasta, I went with seasoned Italian sausage that I lightly browned in some butta’ of course 🙂 Then in the same pan, I made a simple lemon cream sauce with fresh lemon zest and cream. I also added cooked pasta water to the cream. It acts like glue between pasta and sauce and also thins out the sauce a little bit. Then I simply added fresh baby spinach leaves, cooked spaghetti and finished it off with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
It tastes like gourmet dinner at a fancy shmancy restaurant but without the price tag. Creamy hot spaghetti noodles with a hint of lemon zest and slightly spicy sausage with baby spinach all in one bowl. Weeknight dinner at its finest.
- 7 oz. (half of 14 oz. box) spaghetti (I used multigrain)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Mild Italian Sausages, removed from casing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup cooked pasta water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, packed
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Omit salt. Before draining the pasta, reserve ⅓ cup pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring and crumbling until no longer pink and lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- To the pan, add heavy cream and reserved pasta water; bring to a simmer. Add lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.