Creamy lemon spaghetti with sausage and spinach is a 30-minute meal that combes together in a cinch! Made with only handful of ingredients.
- 7 oz. (half of 14 oz. box) spaghetti (I used multigrain)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Mild Italian Sausages, removed from casing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup cooked pasta water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Omit salt. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/3 cup pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring and crumbling until no longer pink and lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- To the pan, add heavy cream and reserved pasta water; bring to a simmer. Add lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Keywords: easy, quick, pasta, creamy