Hi guys! Soooo….I’ve been MIA. I know, I know. I had every intention of sharing this delish salad with you all last week but then vacation happened. I’m not going to lie, I felt guilty but only for a little bit, mostly due to my crazy Type A personality. It felt amazing though to take a short break from my unofficial job and unwind with the family. We’ve been exploring the west coast since last week and visiting with the family. I can’t wait to share all the pics and details with you guys! Hopefully later this week 🙂
But now this salad. This salad was inspired by two of my loves: hubby + Panera. He introduced me to it one lovely Sunday afternoon when we stopped for lunch at Panera. Panera’s Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad is a seasonal favorite that’s on the menu only in the summer time. It’s loaded with fresh berries, fruit, nuts and chicken. Tossed in a light poppyseed dressing. Totally delicious and totally my type of salad.
So, of course I had to recreate it and put my own spin on it. I loaded it up with fresh blueberries, strawberries, cooked chicken, crisp romaine, red onion, toasted pecans and salty feta. Tossed in homemade Poppyseed Dressing. Super yummy, super fresh and must have in your life!
The combination of all the ingredients is amazing. It’s refreshing, light, crunchy and fulfilling at the same time. Serve this for lunch or omit the chicken and serve it as a side salad along your favorite grilled dishes.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 6 cups chopped romaine leaves*
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Poppyseed Dressing (or your favorite store bought)
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, romaine, strawberries, blueberries, pecans, red onion, and feta. Toss everything together with desired amount of Poppyseed Dressing.
- Serve immediately.