Happy almost weekend friends! Annndddd it’s a long one. This weekend is Labor Day, also known as last unofficial weekend of summer. I have no idea who came up with that since we technically have couple more weeks until first official day of fall so in the meantime, let’s enjoy this summer heat with some fruity, vibrant and sweet breakfast toasts!
You guys know how much I love my breakfast. Lately, I’ve been all about different types of spreads that I can prepare and have through out the week on the go. This mascarpone+ricotta spread is lightly sweetened with honey and flavored with vanilla. It’s borderline dessert appropriate but we wont tell anybody and just call it a breakfast 🙂
It’s a super luscious double cheese spread (it literally melts in your mouth) that goes absolutely amazing with fresh fruit and sweet bread. End of summer fruit, like peaches, plums and berries are at its peak now and go absolutely beautiful a top of this toast. But don’t limit yourself to just these fruits, use whatever fruit you like.
I paired the cheese spread with French Brioche bread that I picked up at my local bakery. It’s a super airy and slightly sweet bread that compliments the cheese and fresh fruit in the best way possible. Challah bread is another tasty alternative.
You can prepare the cheese spread in advance and enjoy it through out the week. It stays nicely chilled in the fridge up to one week.
- French Brioche bread, sliced (or any other sweet bread, such as Challah), toasted (optional)
- fresh fruit (sliced peaches, sliced plums, raspberries, blueberries)*
Cheese Spread yields: 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, ricotta, vanilla extract, and honey; mix until combined. Chill 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture on sliced Brioche and top with fresh fruit. Serve immediately.
- Optional: drizzle fruit toast with honey or sprinkle with granola and/or sliced almonds.
*you can use any type of assortment of fresh fruit