Crunchy, fresh, and healthy all veggie sandwich with delicious hummus avocado spread on a hearty whole wheat bread. It will leave you 100% satisfied!
This ALL veggie sandwich has been my jam lately. I have been making a variation of it for lunch and our baseball games. It’s loaded with fresh veggies and is so filling and good for you! You can use just about any vegetables you like. I found that a variety of soft and crunchy is the key. The hummus and avocado serve as the base of the sandwich and also provide protein and fiber. You want to add a generous amount of both so the sandwich is not dry. I like to use whole wheat 7-grain bread for its wonderful texture but any bakery style bread will work.
- 4 slices good quality bakery style bread (I used whole wheat 7-grain bread)
- 4 Tbsp. plain hummus
- 2 ripe avocados
- baby spinach leaves
- thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- fresh pea shoots or your favorite fresh sprouts
- cilantro leaves
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each slice of bread. Then add the avocado pulp of ½ avocado per slice and lightly mash with a fork. Depending on the size of your bread slices you may need to use little less avocado. I used about 1 avocado per sandwich.
- Layer on spinach leaves, cucumber slices, red pepper, pea shoots, and cilantro leaves. Generously season with salt and pepper. Top with other slice of bread and enjoy.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.
I’m leaving the nutritional info out on this one as it will greatly vary on the amount and type of veggies used