Crunchy, fresh, and healthy all veggie sandwich with delicious hummus avocado spread on a hearty whole wheat bread. It will leave you 100% satisfied!
- 4 slices good quality bakery style bread (I used whole wheat 7-grain bread)
- 4 Tbsp. plain hummus
- 2 ripe avocados
- baby spinach leaves
- thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- fresh pea shoots or your favorite fresh sprouts
- cilantro leaves
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each slice of bread. Then add the avocado pulp of 1/2 avocado per slice and lightly mash with a fork. Depending on the size of your bread slices you may need to use little less avocado. I used about 1 avocado per sandwich.
- Layer on spinach leaves, cucumber slices, red pepper, pea shoots, and cilantro leaves. Generously season with salt and pepper. Top with other slice of bread and enjoy.
This sandwich is super versatile. You can play around with just about any veggies of choice and layer on as you like. I provided a visual of how I made mine just to give you guys an idea. The key is plenty of hummus and avocado so the sandwich is not dry and different texture of veggies.
Keywords: veggie lunch, healthy sandwich, lunch, easy