This 30 minute chili combines two of my favorites: Crockpot Bolognese Sauce and simple chicken chili. I first shared a pic on Instagram about a month ago, which consisted of this exact recipe that I scrambled to make so I could feed my family and in the end it turned out to be pretty darn good chili that I am now sharing with you guys! Don’t you love when that happens?! I do 🙂
30-Minute Meat Lovers Chili originally came about from bits and pieces of food from my fridge, freezer, and pantry because it was one of those nights where I was feeling lazy to go to the grocery store so I decided to raid my freezer to see what I could find and I found a bag of Crockpot Bolognese Sauce that I shared on my blog early fall. It’s a meaty (pork and beef), chunky sauce, packed with veggies and TON of flavor that is cooked in the crockpot and served over pasta, in lasagna, over mashed potatoes, fries, bakes…and now chili.
I used the Crockpot Bolognese Sauce as a base for this chili and just tossed in some ground lean chicken, onion, garlic, beans, and spices. It is super flavorful from all the yummy flavors of the Bolognese Sauce and chunky as well. You’ll never be able to tell that you used frozen sauce as all the ingredients come together nicely and simmer to a perfect, hearty bowl of comfort food. And did I mention it’s only 30 minutes of prep?! Making this the ultimate weeknight meal.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups Crockpot Bolognese Sauce, if frozen, thaw out overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- to serve: shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, tortilla chips, fresh cilantro
- In a heavy duty stockpot or Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and add ground chicken, cooking until lightly brown, about 7 minutes, while breaking up the chicken with a wooden spoon.
- Add cumin, chili powder, and salt; cook for 1 minute. Add Crockpot Bolognese Sauce and stock; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add pinto beans and cook for additional 5 minutes or until the beans are heated through.
- Season the chili with additional salt and fresh ground black pepper as needed.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.