Oven roasted salmon topped with light and creamy red pepper sauce. This is a simple yet incredibly satisfying dinner that your whole family will love! Comes together fairly quick and easy. Plus leftovers make an amazing next day lunch.
I have another tasty salmon recipe for you all today. You guys have been loving on this salmon so much that I wanted to share another recipe idea that is quick, easy, and most importantly super tasty. Salmon is probably one of the fish that we eat most of. It’s easy to prepare and tastes amazing with pretty much everything. Plus both of my kids love it, so that’s a good enough reason for me to make it.
Red pepper sauce is a creamy, savory-sweet sauce with puree of roasted red peppers as the base. It’s used a lot in pastas but it’s even better over roasted salmon. It takes about the same amount of time to prepare (if not even less!) as it is to roast the salmon. So you will have dinner on the table in no time. Yes to that!
You start off with sauteing peppers with fresh basil and garlic. Then puree the mixture in a food processor and return it back to the same skillet. Add half and half, parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and it’s done! You can also use light cream or heavy cream. Obviously heavy cream will give you more creamier and richer sauce but I used half and half and it tastes just as amazing. ALSO if you want a little kick, add red pepper flakes! It’s a total game changer.
Then you top the salmon with the sauce and because the sauce has ton of flavor, I kept the salmon pretty simple. Just olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need. I like to add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice after the salmon is done roasting. It adds that little freshness but is totally optional.
I hope you all enjoy this salmon as much as we do! My now 10 month old is an eating champ and loves salmon along with her steamed broccoli. I mean who is this kid?! And if you need more convincing…leftovers make an amazing lunch. Serve it over baby greens and you’re good to go. It’s good stuff ♥ i promise.
Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- lemon, optional
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained + chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the top of each salmon fillet, just enough to coat, and rub over the salmon with fingers or pastry brush. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and easily flaked. Remove salmon from the oven and give it a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional).
- While the salmon is roasting prepare the sauce. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped peppers, garlic, and basil; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors come together.
- Transfer the pepper mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture back to the same skillet and stir in half and half, parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2-4 minutes, stirring, just until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in red pepper flakes (optional).
- Top each fillet with desired amount of sauce and serve immediately.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.