Oven roasted salmon topped with light and creamy red pepper sauce. This is a simple yet incredibly satisfying dinner that your whole family will love!
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- lemon, optional
Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained + chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the top of each salmon fillet, just enough to coat, and rub over the salmon with fingers or pastry brush. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and easily flaked. Remove salmon from the oven and give it a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional).
- While the salmon is roasting prepare the sauce. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped peppers, garlic, and basil; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors come together.
- Transfer the pepper mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture back to the same skillet and stir in half and half, parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2-4 minutes, stirring, just until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in red pepper flakes (optional).
- Top each fillet with desired amount of sauce and serve immediately.
Keywords: seafood, easy, creamy, family friendly