Easy-to-follow cold asian noodle salad made with healthy zucchini noodles instead of pasta and ton of colorful veggies! It requires zero cooking and can be made year round. So much lighter than the traditional noodle salad.
As I predicted, I am officially addicted to my vegetable spiralizer and finding any way I can to use it in place of pasta. I love making Pioneer Womans’ Asian Noodle Salad. It’s a cold noodle salad made with linguine and TON of veggies. Tossed in a slightly sweet and savory dressing that is delicious over anything!
I took the recipe and tweaked it a bit to make it lighter on the stomach and the waist line 🙂 I swapped linguine for zucchini noodles instead. That was the biggest change to the recipe. I kept the rest of the veggies for the most part the same, just changed the amounts a bit. Dressing I kept as is because it is SO GOOD!
The salad is super easy to make and is always a huge hit with my family! It’s packed with ton of bright veggies: zucchini, bell pepper, napa cabbage, red cabbage, baby spinach, bean sprouts, cucumber, and green onions. The beauty of this salad is its flexibility. You can play around with the veggies to your own liking. Add more or less of anything you like or don’t like. You can use fresh or canned bean sprouts. And don’t forget cilantro! I LOVE, LOVE cilantro and always go heavy but you can totally tweak it to your own taste.
I love everything about this salad! The colors, crunch, and texture. Perfect for light lunch or even dinner with fish or chicken over top. Yum!
- 2 medium zucchini (or yellow squash or mix of both), spiralized
- 1 large bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 (14 oz.) can bean sprouts
- 1 hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped cashews (or peanuts)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh finely chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped (as much as you like)
- salt + fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix salad ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix with thongs. Taste for salt and pepper, adjust as needed.
- Serve immediately.